I'm at a very interesting crossroads right now.
I applied and interviewed for what I was sure was the perfect job in Colorado. And I was very disappointed to not get the job. I interviewed the same week that my summer school position ended and I was scheduled to drive back home.
Nothing in me wanted to make that drive home. And when I found out that I didn't have the job, that drive was even more difficult.
However, I was told that they would like to use me as a regular substitute in their school. And I couldn't really see any reason to not take the offer. So, I applied to sub in the district. And heard nothing back. Right now, I don't know whether to start packing with the intention of being back in two weeks or not.
To make this decision even better, cheer camp started this week. I am loving every second of coaching, and I don't really want to have to tell these girls that I won't be continuing as their coach, even though they all know that is a definite possibility (see also: I should have listened when a friend said maybe going to camp wouldn't be the best idea, it gives me too much incentive to stay).
I don't know what's going to happen. I don't even know what I really want to happen. On one hand, the opportunities in Colorado (and there are a LOT, in many aspects of life) make it hard to want to stay here. On the other hand, this is my town and I can't stand to let people down or go back on what I say.
Hopefully everything will straighten out soon, so that I know what to do with my life for the next week.